Re: About MIPS64EL on loongson-3

On Tue, Jan 30, 2018 at 1:34 AM, Jiaxun Yang <jiaxun.yang@flygoat.com> wrote:
> Hi everyone,
>
> I tried to run Debian on my Loongson-3A2000, but the system freeze all
> the time. I discovered that the problem may caused by Loongson-3's
> LL/SC errata.

Loongson told me this problem before.

> So I made a patch for binutils[1]. It was expected to enter the
> mainline binutils on 2.30 but faild. So I wish Debian can apply this
> patch on binutils and enable -mfix-loongson3-llsc to deal with that
> problem. Although it may reduce performance on some other platforms,
> but at least it makes loongson-3 useable.
>
> [1] https://sourceware.org/ml/binutils/2018-01/msg00328.html

Debian won't accept a patch that is not not upstreamed.
Even your patch is upstreamed, we also need have some talk
whether to set is as default.

We are using 3A 1000 as Debian build daemon, they are buggy,
while is not very unstable.
And I am using an 3A 3000 as my laptop, it is some less stable than 1000,
while acceptable.

--
YunQiang Su