Re: linking mips:4000 module with previous mips:isa32r2 modules

Hi,

On 16/10/16 16:43, Jérémy Lal wrote:
> Hi,
>
> can anyone help me understand if this error message comes from
> the nodejs package being built, or from the toolchain ?
>
> See the logs at
> https://buildd.debian.org/status/fetch.php?pkg=nodejs&arch=mipsel&ver=6.8.1~dfsg-1&stamp=1476561178

I thought this seemed familiar...
https://lists.debian.org/debian-mips/2016/07/msg00000.html

You simply cannot link mips3 (which nodejs is using) code with mips32r2
code (which everything else is using). For a start, mips3 is 64-bit ISA
and code using it may contain 64-bit instructions which will SIGILL on
real 32-bit processors.

I think you should pass --with-mips-arch-variant=r2 instead of loongson.
This already appears to be the case in unstable, but not in experimental.

Oh ! this is embarrassing... thank you, i will try that.

Jérémy