Re: Contributing to the project

Hello Jonathan.

Last year I participated on the Google Summer of Code. I did what Paul Wise suggested for you. Probably you received (will receive) a CI20 mips board.

If you want some guidance/tips on how to build, please let me know. I am also on the #debian-mips channel. Feel free to contact me.

Cheers and have a nice coding :)

Gustavo Alkmim

If you have a MIPS-based device, the place to start would be to get
Debian working on that.
You could also work on fixing the issues listed in Build-Attempted,
BD-Uninstallable, Failed and Not-For-Us/Auto-Not-For-Us on these pages:

https://buildd.debian.org/status/architecture.php?a=mips&suite=sid
https://buildd.debian.org/status/architecture.php?a=mipsel&suite=sid
https://buildd.debian.org/status/architecture.php?a=mips64el&suite=sid

You may want to review recent mailing list archives and web/wiki pages:

https://lists.debian.org/debian-mips/
https://www.debian.org/ports/mips/
https://wiki.debian.org/MIPSPort
https://wiki.debian.org/mips64el