Contributing to the project

Hi everybody,

I am on a mission to contribute the the mips/mipsel debian port as par of myh Google Summer of Code internship. I have been reading documentation for a while now and experimenting with the port but I now wonder: what should I contribute to?

I have been on the Work-Needing and Prospective Packages page and did not see any mips/mipsel related package? Am I looking at the wrong page for packages to contribute to the mips port project?
Link
https://www.debian.org/devel/wnpp/

I feel like the answer to this might be trivial but I do not have any other clues here.

Thank you for your time,
Jonathan Jackson