Re: Multilib directory of n32 libs

On 05/28/2014 05:47 PM, Yunqiang Su wrote:
[...]
We have 2 conceptions here:

Multilib:
we have libc6-mips32 and libc6-mipsn32, both of these 2 packages are marked as
mips64el packages.
They install c libraries into /lib and lib32.
Multilib is what we are talking about here.
The problem we talking about is whether we should install them to
/lib or /libo32.

Don't do Multilib, it is a dead end street.

There is a reason that Debian invented the Multiarch. It is much more useful. Let's adopt it instead...

Multiarch:
we have a package libc6 for both mipsel and mips64el.
libc6:mipsel install o32 libraries into /usr/lib/mipsel-linux-gnu, and
libc6:mips64el install n64 libraries into /usr/lib/mips64el-linux-gnuabi64.
With multiarch, we can install not only c libraries, but other
(nearly) all libraries of foreign arch(s).

Yes, it works well that way. You can have all three ABIs installed and it should all just work.

Let's focus on talking about Multilib.

As I said above, I think we should forget about whatever Multilib is.

David
--
GnuPG public key: http://dvdkhlng.users.sourceforge.net/dk2.gpg
Fingerprint: B63B 6AF2 4EEB F033 46F7  7F1D 935E 6F08 E457 205F