Re: Multilib directory of n32 libs

On 05/27/2014 06:58 PM, Yunqiang Su wrote:
Sorry for dig it out again :-(

If we put o32 multilib libraries in to /usr/lib directly, it will make
lots of packages ftbfs, if they use -L/usr/lib.

For this problem, we have another option that is:

put ld.so.1 for o32 still in /lib while put other libraries to
/usr/libo32 and /libo32.

As has been said many times before, there are already standard locations established for libraries on MIPS systems.

32-bit o32 ABI -> /lib, /usr/lib
64-bit n32 ABI -> /lib32, /usr/lib32
64-bit n64 ABI -> /lib64, /usr/lib64

The new Debian way of doing things puts things in directories something like:

/lib/mips-linux-gnu
/lib/mips64-linux-gnuabi64
/lib/mips64-linux-gnuabin32

With a build option, ld.so.1 still can find libraries in both
/usr/libo32 and /usr/lib/.

Will this acceptable?

No.

Do it either the old legacy MIPS way, or the new Debian way, but don't make something up that is neither of these.

David Daney