Re: mips buildds (was: Re: Bits from the Release Team: transitions, architectures, freeze!)

Aaro Koskinen wrote:
> On Tue, Nov 04, 2014 at 09:45:22PM +0000, Steven Chamberlain wrote:
> > I might add that it sounds like a great piece of hardware if it's
> > what I think it is:  EdgeRouter Pro (Cavium Octeon II + 8GiB RAM),
> > a 1U router with many gigabit Ethernet ports, and running a full,
> > free Debian OS?
[...]
> Maybe first focus on getting the HW support properly mainlined to
> future-proof the possibility of running Debian on it...

Well, I still don't know much about it yet, but I'd be interested to
know more.

Coincidentally, I see this in the latest linux package upload:

linux (3.16.7-1) unstable; urgency=medium
| [ Aurelien Jarno ]
| * [mips*] Backport a hugetlb fix for Octeon from 3.18.
| * [mips*] Backport math emulation fix for MIPS32r2 from 3.18.
| * [mips*/octeon] Add support for the UBNT E200 board (EdgeRouter/EdgeRouter
|   Pro 8 port).
| * [mips*/octeon] Enable SERIAL_8250_DW. Disable KEYBOARD_ATKBD, MOUSE_PS2,
|   SERIO_I8042.
| * [mips*/octeon] Really enable USB_OCTEON_EHCI and USB_OCTEON_OHCI. Closes:
|   Closes: #762066.

Regards,
--
Steven Chamberlain