Re: Installing Debian Wheezy on an SGI Indy

Hi Chris,

>I'm having trouble trying to install Wheezy on an SGI Indy. When I get to
>the disk partitioning
>step in the installer, I get a red screen stating that "partitioning a hard
>drive" failed. This seems
>to indicate a hardware detection problem but I can see my drive getting
>detected when booting
>the installer. In case it matters, I have a 50 pin ribbon to SCA adapter
>and have tried a 72 GB
>drive and 18 GB drive and got the same error both times.

Yes, it's a known problem (at least for me and the people who read my bug
report #733686: http://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=733686)
for O2, so I assume the same error lurks in the r4k netboot image.

You can get around that bug by deleting the partioner postinstall script
during install time, as described in the above report. If that works the
bugreport should be changed so that it's clear that the same bug is in
both images,

HTH,
Uli
--
Dipl. Inf. Ulrich Teichert|e-mail: Ulrich.Teichert@gmx.de | Listening to:
Stormweg 24               |Pale Bride (The Von Bondies), Slip Away (Sedatives)