Installing Debian Wheezy on an SGI Indy

I'm having trouble trying to install Wheezy on an SGI Indy. When I get to the disk partitioning
step in the installer, I get a red screen stating that "partitioning a hard drive" failed. This seems
to indicate a hardware detection problem but I can see my drive getting detected when booting
the installer. In case it matters, I have a 50 pin ribbon to SCA adapter and have tried a 72 GB
drive and 18 GB drive and got the same error both times.

Any help would greatly be appreciated!