Re: Multilib directory of n32 libs

On 06/10/2013 06:02 PM, YunQiang Su wrote:
On Tue, Jun 11, 2013 at 2:06 AM, David Daney <ddaney@caviumnetworks.com> wrote:
On 06/08/2013 11:24 PM, YunQiang Su wrote:

On Sun, Jun 9, 2013 at 1:57 PM, Matt Turner <mattst88@gmail.com> wrote:

On Sat, Jun 8, 2013 at 7:23 PM, YunQiang Su <wzssyqa@gmail.com> wrote:

On Sun, Jun 9, 2013 at 12:23 AM, Matt Turner <mattst88@gmail.com> wrote:

On Sat, Jun 8, 2013 at 8:54 AM, YunQiang Su <wzssyqa@gmail.com> wrote:

Any idea about is there another distribution has n32 or n64 port, and
at the same time that multilib is supported?

Yes, Gentoo. We do the standard o32 -> lib, n32 -> lib32, n64 -> lib64.

Is there a port to n32 or n64 of gentoo?
On n32 or n64 port, is it fit to put o32 libraries into lib directly?

Yes, I have n32-multilib (n32 base system, and n64 and o32 glibc and
gcc libraries) and n64. o32 goes in lib regardless of the ABI of the
base system.

It is not forbid to put o32 libraries to /lib in mips64 port in policy
(Fix me if I am wrong).

OK: I think you are wrong here.

o32 libraries must go in /lib and /usr/lib as Matt and I have already told
you.

If the mips64 port policy disagrees with this, then the policy is incorrect
and must be changed.

here, policy is short of Debian Policy Manual

I don't know what that means.

In a non-multi-arch system, o32 libraries must be in /lib. No other location is acceptable. Any manual that states otherwise is wrong and must be changed.

While as ldso will always looks for /lib and /usr/lib/, thus if we put
it in /libo32,

No, I think you misunderstand how ld.so works.

ld.so looks in the proper directories already, and functions perfectly with
the library directories named as Matt and I have told you.

In my understanding, ldso will look for libraries in the order in
http://unixhelp.ed.ac.uk/CGI/man-cgi?ld.so

The /lib and /usr/lib always the default pathes, while we can give it other
pathes when configure or by config file.

Randomly selected wiki sites are of no use.

Please look at the glibc and gcc source code. It is the authoritative source for the behavior of ld.so

David Daney