Strange dependency in mips-build of my package

Dear Debian Mips team,

I am the maintainer of osspd [1] and I am experiencing strange
dependencies of my package on mips: As you can see at [2], the package
depends on "libjson-c2 (>= 0.10)" on mips and on no other architecture.
osspd does not do anything with json, it's an OSS-PulseAudio sound
bridge using CUSE to provide /dev/[a]dsp. In the mips build logs,
dpkg-shlibdeps complains that the package is needlessly linked against
libjson-c, however one can also see in the buildlog that libjson-c-dev
is not even installed, and the linker flags for the compiler do not
contain json at all.
Do you have any idea why this dependency is added? Could one of you
perhaps try to build the package and check whether this was some
one-time bug, or a reproducible issue? I tried to build the package in a
qemu-user-emulated mips environment, but that does not seem to work
properly (it has no automagic dependencies whatsoever).
Currently I am inclined to request a binNMU and hope that this will fix
the issue.

Kind regards
Ralf

PS: Please keep me in CC as I am not subscribed to the list.

[1] http://packages.qa.debian.org/o/osspd.html
[2] http://packages.debian.org/unstable/osspd