Re: Re[2]: Qube2 with Squeeze won't boot

On Sat, Dec 15, 2012 at 5:00 AM, Rainer M. Canavan
<debian_mips@canavan.de> wrote:
> Sameer Verma <sverma@sfsu.edu> wrote:
>> On Sat, Dec 15, 2012 at 12:21 AM, Arnaud Patard
>> <arnaud.patard@rtp-net.org> wrote:
>> > Sameer Verma <sverma@sfsu.edu> writes:
>

>> > Try updating your bootloader configuration to use root=/dev/sda2 instead
>> > of root=/dev/hda2 (things have moved from ide drivers to libata drivers).
>>
>> Thanks. How do I edit the config once it throws me into a boot shell?
>> I am able to mount /dev/hda1 but don't see any editor. Do I have to
>> remove the drive and mount it elsewhere and edit?
>
>>> [ "CoLo" v1.22 ]
>>> stage2: 8bfa0000-8c000000
>>> cpu: clock 250.000MHz
>>> pci: unit type <Qube2>
>>> tulip: #0 device 21143
>>> tulip: #1 device 21143
>>> tulip: {00:10:e0:00:f8:9a}
>>> ide: resetting
>
> You should be able to press space right here, to get to a ">" prompt
> where you can enter the same commands manually as you used in your
> default.colo, i.e.
>
> load vmlinux-2.6.32-5-r5k-cobalt
> execute root=/dev/sda2
>

> rainer

That worked! Thanks, Rainer.

I had to mount /dev/hda1 first so I could get to the /boot partition.
After the Qube2 booted up, I edited the default.colo and changed
/dev/hda2 to /dev/sda2 and rebooted.

Running Squeeze now :-)

cheers,
Sameer