Re: What is the status of Debian on Lemote Fuloong?

On Sat, Jul 07, 2012 at 07:54:41PM +0200, Christoph Egger wrote:
> Michael Stevens <mstevens@etla.org> writes:
> > The interface is fine. As I understand it there's some bug with loading
> > an initrd which makes it extremely slow. Other people may know more.
>
> FWIW I run from PMON without any initrd invovled (stable though with bpo
> kernel) but couldn't complain about any slowness (apart from well it's a
> 900MHz CPU it's not performing as fast as some modern 3.6 GHz octo-cores
> of course).

Can you please point me to any authoritative source of information about
exactly what the status of Debian is on this box and how to install it? I
have found many bits and pieces but nothing that looks very encouraging so
far. People do seem to be running it, so there must be some way! Thanks.