[debian-mips][icedtea-jamvm] Any one using the icedtea-6-jre-jamvm on mipsel?

Hi,

I just installed icedtea-6-jre-jamvm, which depends upon
openjdk-6-jre-headless, and it provides the shared library libjvm.so.

For some reason debian doesn't link this library inside
/usr/lib/mozilla/plugins, but when creating the link by hand, it
happens that when starting iceweasel, there's no indication of any
failure (on the term it was started), and when going to
"about:plugins" there's no sign of the plugin.

When trying to configure alternatives for mozilla-javaplugin.so, none
is found unless the icetea-netx is installed, in which case the only
alternative is the plugin provided by it, and when loading an applet
one can read in the term that the plugin loaded of course was the zero
hotspot one.

I looked under google for options on the subject with no success.  Is
the package broken, or am I missing something?  Is there a howto
around?

Thanks,

--
Javier.