Re: Debian on Ainol Novo 7 Basic

I'm not sure wether it's possible to use adb in this case, while adb connects to Android System, not the underneath layer. What I'm trying to find is the way to control the booted media. Well, we all are, right? On a non-android tablet it's quite easy since you have some kind of a normal BIOS. For example Toshiba Protege:  http://risujin.org/debian/#links I'm now looking for a way to flash anything like BIOS on a tablet to make it more like a normal machine, then it wouldn't be a problem to install anything via. LAN. The problem is to find any solution of this kind for this exact architecture. If no luck we would need to leave at least one file from the Android install which is containing the list of the hardware to boot properly and this all is going to take much more time in the case.

On Tue, Feb 7, 2012 at 11:12 AM, Samy Boutayeb <s.boutayeb@free.fr> wrote:
Hi,

Le mardi 07 février 2012 à 10:52 +0400, Vsevolod Glumov a écrit :
> Hi, I'm doing a big research on running Debian on Ainol Novo 7 Basic too.
> How far have you gone? Are you trying to destroy the Android System
> completely, or making some kind of a dual-boot?
>
> My goal is to make a device, that would boot Debian natively with no use of
> CyanGen or ClockWork. Is there a way to boot the device with no system
> whatsoever for Debian Installer to be loaded trough LAN? There are a couple
> of sources on-line that claim you still need presence of a couple of
> Android files to load the hardware. That's why I'm interested to know how
> far have you gone with your breaking the device.

Actually, I have recovered the system. The next step would be to got a
working adb connection via USB, which, for some reason, I failed to
achieve.

My goal is to replace the stock Android with a full working debian
system (which exclude the emulation of a Linux system, as in [1]),
similarly to the work done on the Toshiba AC100 smartbook ([2] and [3])

[1] http://android.galoula.com/en/LinuxInstall/
[2] http://ac100.grandou.net/installing_linux
[3] http://wiki.debian.org/InstallingDebianOn/Toshiba/AC100