Re: Debian on Ainol Novo 7 Basic

Hi,

Le mardi 07 février 2012 à 10:52 +0400, Vsevolod Glumov a écrit :
> Hi, I'm doing a big research on running Debian on Ainol Novo 7 Basic too.
> How far have you gone? Are you trying to destroy the Android System
> completely, or making some kind of a dual-boot?
>
> My goal is to make a device, that would boot Debian natively with no use of
> CyanGen or ClockWork. Is there a way to boot the device with no system
> whatsoever for Debian Installer to be loaded trough LAN? There are a couple
> of sources on-line that claim you still need presence of a couple of
> Android files to load the hardware. That's why I'm interested to know how
> far have you gone with your breaking the device.

Actually, I have recovered the system. The next step would be to got a
working adb connection via USB, which, for some reason, I failed to
achieve.

My goal is to replace the stock Android with a full working debian
system (which exclude the emulation of a Linux system, as in [1]),
similarly to the work done on the Toshiba AC100 smartbook ([2] and [3])

[1] http://android.galoula.com/en/LinuxInstall/
[2] http://ac100.grandou.net/installing_linux
[3] http://wiki.debian.org/InstallingDebianOn/Toshiba/AC100