Wanted: MIPS(el) porter to get Mono working

Dear all,

The MIPS architectures are some of the few in Debian which don't have a
mono-runtime package. I periodically try compiling upstream git master
on there (since the source contains a MIPS port), but always hit one
problem or another building on the Debian porterboxes.

I'm informed by upstream that their test platform is Debian - i.e. it
works for them on their hardware, but not for me on eder or gabrielli

Is there any enterprising MIPS porter out there who understands the
architecture well enough to help fix up the software for use in Debian?
JITter internals are far above my competence level, but I'm sure someone
out there is capable of hitting the correct piece of code with a stick
until it works