Re: single device to replace ADSL router, WiFi/Ethernet router, SIP router?

On Thu, Dec 22, 2011 at 03:14:10PM +0000, Tzafrir Cohen wrote:

> Staying off-topic, I should also point out the Vilage Telco project and
> their Mesh Potato, that manage to get something useful out of Asterisk
> DAHDI (with their own hardware and Linux on top of a Blackfin CPU.
>
>   http://villagetelco.org/

My mistake. It seems that they originally did use a BlackFin, but now
switched to a slightly saner platform:

http://wiki.villagetelco.org/index.php?title=Mesh_Potato_Features_/_Specs

They include an FXS port (no FXO port, though). The ucasterisk project
did design FXS, FXO, FXS/FXO modules (and even BRI and PRI ones) using
Zaptel/DAHDI drivers as well. But the IP0x devices are, indeed,
BlackFin.

Oh, and http://twit.tv/show/floss-weekly/196 might be worth listening
to, but does not include much information relevant to this thread.

tzafrir@debian.org    |                    | friend