Re: [debian-mips] Lemote mini-pc pmon + grub.elf + grub

* Javier Vasquez (j.e.vasquez.v@gmail.com) [110910 19:58]:
> I don't know if both have reached the debian grub-yeeloong package,
> but any ways, I don't like option 1, and I've been trying option 2 on
> debian since last year, and it has never worked.  So I'm writing to
> see if I'm doing something wrong.

I'm not sure if grub-yeelong is the right package for that. I'm using
grub build from trunk, and it works. (My reason for using trunk was
however the 2e-support, and as I have 2e, and decided to just use it
for 2f as well.)

> When selecting on the pmon menu the option to call grub.elf, the
> mini-pc just goes to limbo.  Nothing happens.  So I'm wondering if
> there's a set of steps I'm missing or something.  Grub gets installed
> whether automatically or through:

Looks good to me for the first look.

Does your machine do any output at the serial console?

(For reference, I have a hand-build grub.elf by using
grub-mkimage -O mipsel-loongson-elf -o grub.elf normal linux ata usb_keyboard ohci part_msdos ext2 xfs part_gpt ls halt reboot usbms gzio search lspci help ahci blocklist date elf pata configfile echo
which works.)

Andi