Re: OpenJDK / default JDK for squeeze / issues on mips / open security issues for lenny

On 01/14/2011 11:46 AM, Florian Weimer wrote:
> * tony mancill:
>
>> As per Section 5.8.5 of the Developer's Reference, I'd like to get
>> confirmation from the Security Team that they are anticipating and
>> approve of the upload of the new source version.  (My apologies if this
>> has already been covered; I joined the thread already in progress.)
>
> Would you please show us the debdiff to the version in squeeze, and
> the list of dependencies of the .deb file?  Alternatively, please put
> the files on people.debian.org, so that we can have a look at them
> before the upload.  Thanks for your support in this matter.
>
> Do you plane to switch to IcedTea 1.9 or a later version during the
> squeeze release?

Because the debdiff is quite large (from 6b11 to 6b18), I've uploaded
the build to people.debian.org.

http://people.debian.org/~tmancill/openjdk-6_6b18-1.8.3-2~lenny1.dsc

So everyone's clear, I did this under the impression that what was
needed for lenny was essentially a binary build of the current version
in testing.  (Hopefully that's not too far off the mark.)  The only
change to the packaging is to include the patch Matthias provided to
handle the lack of ca-certificates-java in lenny.  It takes a while, but
builds fine in a clean chroot on x86.

Regards,
tony