Re: Loongson console display text

Op 20100824 om 21:58 schreef Tzafrir Cohen:
> On Sun, Aug 22, 2010 at 07:53:47PM +0200, Geert Stappers wrote:
> >
> > Meanwhile there is a Debian kernel for Loongson
> > Still in 'exprimental', but it exists. Just do
> >   cd /tmp
> >   wget http://ftp.nl.debian.org/debian/pool/main/l/linux-2.6/linux-image-2.6.35-trunk-loongson-2f_2.6.35-1~experimental.2_mipsel.deb
> >   wget http://ftp.nl.debian.org/debian/pool/main/l/linux-2.6/linux-base_2.6.35-1~experimental.2_all.deb
> >   dpkg -i linux-image-2.6.35-trunk-loongson-2f_2.6.35-1~experimental.2_mipsel.deb linux-base_2.6.35-1~experimental.2_all.deb
> > to get it installed.
>
> I tried upgrading to it. It fails to boot here.
>
> I decided I'll stick with pmon for the moment and only switch to grub
> once I see the kernel works, so I'm still with pmon.

For me works pmon fine  ( and have no reason to switch to grub or other
bootloader )

> In /boot/boot.cfg I have, among others: The default entry that works:
>
> title Linux 2.6.33-rc2
>         kernel /dev/fs/ext2@wd0/boot/vmlinuz-2.6.33-rc2
>         args console=tty root=/dev/hda1

My fuloong has

  title           debian 2.6.35
   kernel         (wd0,0)/boot/vmlinux-2.6.35-trunk-loongson-2f
   args           console=tty root=/dev/sda1

( Note the '(wd0,0)' that indicates the boot device partition )

> And the new one that doesn't:
>
> title Linux 2.6.35 (Experimental)
>         kernel /dev/fs/ext2@wd0/boot/vmlinux-2.6.35-trunk-loongson-2f
>         args console=tty root=/dev/hda1
> 	initrd /dev/fs/ext2@wd0/boot/initrd.img-2.6.35-trunk-loongson-2f
>
> Without the initrd it just paniced quickly. Now I just get a black
> screen. The disk works for quite some time, but I fail to get any other
> response. After two minutes or so the disk LED is no longer lit, so I
> suppose the system has finished booting, but I can't even get a reply to
> a ping.
>
> So I guess that my first question is: what can I do to have the console
> proprly display text? Anybody else has that problem?

I have console text at the VGA connector ( but didn't try the other
video output connectors on my fuloong )

> The package I have is
> linux-image-2.6.35-trunk-loongson-2f 2.6.35-1~experimental.2

And what hardware are we talking about???

Geert Stappers