Re: Official Loongson-port

Op 20100820 om 11:30 schreef Cato Auestad:
> 2010/8/20 Aníbal Monsalve Salazar <anibal@debian.org>:
> > Cato Auestad:
> >> [interested in having a Loongson-port ]
> >
> > I have a Notebook Lemote Yeeloong 8101_B and /proc/cpuinfo has (among
> > other things):
>
> I have the exact same netbook, but I also have the Lemote FuLoong mini-PC
> in which I currently are running Debian - but not from a installer. I
> had to download
> and extract a complete system to a partition and boot a custom kernel. The
> system was using an older kernel and were configured in chinese so it took
> some time to get "everything right".

Meanwhile there is a Debian kernel for Loongson
Still in 'exprimental', but it exists. Just do
  cd /tmp
  wget http://ftp.nl.debian.org/debian/pool/main/l/linux-2.6/linux-image-2.6.35-trunk-loongson-2f_2.6.35-1~experimental.2_mipsel.deb
  wget http://ftp.nl.debian.org/debian/pool/main/l/linux-2.6/linux-base_2.6.35-1~experimental.2_all.deb
  dpkg -i linux-image-2.6.35-trunk-loongson-2f_2.6.35-1~experimental.2_mipsel.deb linux-base_2.6.35-1~experimental.2_all.deb
to get it installed.

> > I plan to use it to build/test Debian packages. I also plan to help the
> > Debian Yeeloong project.
>
> I would also like to help with whatever I can help with, however, I haven't
> done any development-related stuff with Debian before (only i18n/l10n) so I
> don't really know how and where to start. Would love some guidance here.

Be curious and DO

Cheers
Geert Stappers