Re: Official Loongson-port

2010/8/20 Aníbal Monsalve Salazar <anibal@debian.org>:
> On Thu, Aug 19, 2010 at 07:21:17PM -0400, Cato Auestad wrote:
>>Hi!
>>
>>Is there any work being done trying to make an "official" port of
>>Debian to the Loongson-platform?
>
> https://alioth.debian.org/projects/debian-yeeloong/
> http://wiki.debian.org/DebianYeeloong

Yes, I am aware of those projects, however, they seem to be more focused on just
the YeeLoong than the other Loongson products (Lemote FuLoong and LynLoong
in particular, but also the Gdium). I would like to have a "universal"
Loongson-port.

>>At Debian.org I can't see Loongson listed on the mips(el)-pages as a
>>supported platform.
>>
>>I know that Lemote have their own hacked version of Debian Lenny
>>available on dev.lemote.com, but it is not really a "thorough" process
>>(manually copying libs, outdated kernel without APM)
>>
>>I would like to offer to help out in any way I can if anyone is
>>interested in having a Loongson-port.
>
> I have a Notebook Lemote Yeeloong 8101_B and /proc/cpuinfo has (among
> other things):

I have the exact same netbook, but I also have the Lemote FuLoong mini-PC
in which I currently are running Debian - but not from a installer. I
had to download
and extract a complete system to a partition and boot a custom kernel. The
system was using an older kernel and were configured in chinese so it took
some time to get "everything right".

> I plan to use it to build/test Debian packages. I also plan to help the
> Debian Yeeloong project.

I would also like to help with whatever I can help with, however, I haven't
done any development-related stuff with Debian before (only i18n/l10n) so I
don't really know how and where to start. Would love some guidance here.

--
Cato Auestad
bleakgadfly