Re: OpenJDK / default JDK for squeeze / issues on mips / open security issues for lenny

Hi,

On Fri, Aug 6, 2010 at 4:16 AM, Tom Marble <tmarble@info9.net> wrote:
> On 07/28/2010 06:44 PM, Matthias Klose wrote:
>> OpenJDK was just uploaded to unstable, based on the IcedTea6-1.8.1
>> release [1]. This version addresses some security issues,
>> and this version should be shipped with squeeze
> A group of Debian Java developers met tonight and agreed that
> we would not advocate OpenJDK changes for squeeze.

to avoid any misunderstandings: we want OpenJDK 6b18-1.8.1-1 in
Squeeze (currently in unstable and unblocked). The steps that needs to
be done:

1. File a partial removal request for mips. I'll do it.
2. Change default-jdk to point to gcj on mips. I can do that.
3. File an unblock request for java-common. (for me, too)

Is the release team okay with that?

Cheers,
Torsten