Debian on Nanonote

Hi,

I saw somebody asking about Debian/Mips on the open source Nanonote
hardware [1] on this list in March [2]. Just to give an update:

There is wiki-page about installing a pre-configured Debian root
filesystem on a micro-SD card:

  http://en.qi-hardware.com/wiki/Debian

I just wrote a new page about how the Mipsel-Malta debian installer can
be run on the Nanonote (currently by chrooting from the openwrt in the
nand-flash, still pretty hacky):

 http://en.qi-hardware.com/wiki/Debian/Installer

With the next version of u-boot, booting micro-SD cards should become
more stable [3]. (I still used a pre-release version, see the wiki
pages).

Pretty amazing, how a basic Debian installation uses < 10Mb of RAM from
the 32Mb available on the Nanonote.  Also pretty amazing how simple it
is to setup Debian on this kind of unusual hardware.

BTW although hard to find, there are also various Mailinglists for
discussions around Nanonote [4].

cheers,

David

[1] http://en.qi-hardware.com/wiki/Ben_NanoNote