Re: [RFH] stability problem

On 05/04/2010 05:28 AM, Martin Zobel-Helas wrote:
Hi,

we still have stability problems with gabrielli.debian.org, a Movidis
Revolution x16 box. Most of it is documented in this thread:

http://www.linux-mips.org/archives/linux-mips/2010-04/msg00004.html

If we run irqbalance on this box, it more or less crashes immediately
with http://zobel.ftbfs.de/.x/lucatelli-nmi-watchdog-output.txt

If we do not have irqbalance not running, it is more stable, but for
example when compiling gcc, it crashes again somewhere within the
testsuite (reproducable). I also saw crashes when we recently tried to
compile openoffice.org on it.

Help to get that fixed is VERY appreciated!

Please note that i am not a mips port maintainer, but a member of
the Debian Sysadmin team, who want to get this box run stable.

Can you send me the .config for your kernel as well as tell me how you created your root filesystem (i.e. how to run irqbalance)?

David Daney