Re: Loongson updates

* Arnaud Patard (arnaud.patard@rtp-net.org) [100503 19:45]:
> Andreas Barth <aba@not.so.argh.org> writes:
> hmm... I've an idea of what the problem is but I need more information
> to confirm my hypothesis. Do you know what's providing rtc on your
> system ? If it's supposed to be driven by the rtc-cmos driver, can you
> boot a kernel with RTC_DEBUG, load the rtc-cmos driver and look for
> messages from the rtc kernel stuff ?

Did so. This ends with:

aba@phrixos:~$ sudo modprobe rtc-cmos
FATAL: Error inserting rtc_cmos (/lib/modules/2.6.34-rc6aba3/kernel/drivers/rtc/rtc-cmos.ko): No such device
aba@phrixos:~$

Anything else I should do or check?

> > 2. PMON: I have serial access to pmon. However, I don't see the menu
> > on the console (but I can input characters, so if I press "c" and then
> > "setvga 0", things work for me).
> >
> > I have both nokbd and novga set to 1, but this doesn#t make any
> > difference. Any hints for me?
>
> I don't remember the details (all the boards I have from ST have
> differents PMON version with differents bugs) but it's possible that
> it's a build-time option. I think you have better to ask the people who
> provided you your board/pmon about that.

I noticed it's almost the same on the lemote 2e board here: as soon as
I need to drop into pmon, I first need to execute "setvga 0" inside of
pmon. After that, everything works.

Andi