Re: Yorick FTBFS: DM needs access to MIPS box

Hi Thibaut:

On Thu, Apr 29, 2010 at 3:45 AM, Thibaut Paumard <mlotpot.news@free.fr> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I have a build failure on mpis (segfault during test suite):
> https://buildd.debian.org/fetch.cgi?&pkg=yorick&ver=2.1.06%2Bdfsg-1&arch=mips&stamp=1271731275&file=log
>
>> relocate/bin/yorick -batch debian/check.i
>>  Begin Yorick parser test...
>>  [...]
>>  Test catch function...
>> make: *** [check] Segmentation fault
>
> Since I am not a DD, I can't access the developer-only porterbox.
>
> Would someone be so kind as to grant me access on his machine or investigate the failure on his own?
>
> Best regards, Thibaut.

I don't know if anyone's been able to get you access to a mips box,
but I've been able to reproduce the problem on my system.
I believe it may be related to the lack of an FPU on the buildd machine.
In fact, I have been able to come up with a simple testcase that causes
yorick to fail with a segmentation fault, both on the version in sid
as well as the version currently in etch.

My simple test is to start yorick up interactively, and enter:

  5.0 / 0.0

at the prompt.  On a mips (or mipsel) box without an FPU,
this causes a segmentation fault.  With an FPU, it catches
a SIGFPE and allows me to enter debug mode.

I don't know the configuration of the mips buildd machines,
but I suspect the ones that yorick has been built on in the past
have had FPUs, and the one that it was just built on did not.

I have posted a message to the linux-mips mailing list
asking about this.  Hopefully, somebody there will
be able to provide some insight.

http://www.linux-mips.org/archives/linux-mips/2010-05/msg00005.html

Shane McDonald