Diskless SGI Indy - auto boot PROM settings?

Hi all,

I'm busy with giving one of my SGI Indys a new task: An mpd server/audio
player. So far, I've successfully installed Debian Lenny to HD and got
mpd working fine. I then converted the machine to diskless booting. If
I boot the machine manually from the PROM, it boots without a problem
with this command:

bootp(): append="root=/dev/nfs
nfsroot=192.168.1.1:/export/src/Indy,rsize=8192,wsize=8192 ip=dhcp rw"

(Note: The rsize/wsize are necessary, as my NFS server (OpenBSD 4.5) is
very unhappy with the default block size)

So far, so good. Now, I've spent the last hour googling and
experimenting in an effort to get this machine to boot automatically -
but I just cannot find/figure out the correct PROM environment variable
settings. I can get it to boot the tftpimage with

OSLoadPartition=bootp()192.168.1.1:/
OSLoadFile Indy.img

but then, the boot fails as the kernel is missing its root/nfsroot
parameters. I've tried adding the "append" in various places
(OSLoadPartition, OSLoadFile), but appartently either not in the right
places or not in the right syntax.

Is there anybody on this list who could provide me with a clue (RTFM
pointers very welcome!) as to how I could get this to work? I'd be very
grateful...

Regards,

Thomas
                Thomas Ribbrock    http://www.ribbrock.org