Re: Debian squeeze installer for lemote and gdium netbooks?

Hi Laurent,

Selon Laurent GUERBY <laurent@guerby.net>:

> Hi,
>
> As part of the GCC Compile Farm project (1) I have one
> lemote and one gdium netbook (through OLPH program).
>
> I'm thinking of upgrading them: is there a debian installer to test
> for those machines? If not what is needed to get there?
>
> For my particular environment I don't care if X11 or wifi don't work as
> long as I have wired ethernet and some form of console. I can also boot
> through TFTP and have root over NFS if needed.
>
> The debian mips page (2) doesn't mention those mips netbooks
> which are the only current end-user mips machines one can buy new.

Concerning the Yeeloong netbook from Lemote, see:

http://wiki.gnewsense.org/Projects/GNewSenseToMIPS

for the installation instruction of the debian based Gnewsense distribution.

You may find background infos here too:

http://wiki.gnewsense.org/Projects/Lemote

Regards,

Samy