Re: installing Debian on Cobalt Qube 2

Glyn Astill schrieb:
tftp {dhcp-next-server} {dhcp-boot-file}

Are you really trying to use tftp to do the setup?  AFAIK when I did the setup I ran it off of an NFS share - when the qube first boots up the lcd gives you options to choose TFTP, NFS local disk etc and you just use the buttons to choose.
I tried all methods to install given by the menu on the qube, but nothing worked. When i had no success with NFS i tried TFTP to see what happens. And finally the qube² reacted a few times like in the examples, usually it stops after the selftest with a "Decompressing done"

I just figured out that after i've chosen the "Network (NFS)" option the qubes primary network interface is set up (green LED on the port turns off for 1/2 second and lights up again) and i could ping it.

When i now choose the "Install (SSH)" option and "starting the installer" (both SSH and TTYS) is shown on the display, it seems as the interface is going down again 'cause the green LED turns off for about 1/2 second and all pings on the qube fails when it lights up after that.
However my attempts ultimately ended in failure, it installed fine, but after half an hour or so of uptime debian just went lazy (the best word I can think to describe it) until it just died. Back to NetBSD I went, and as usual it runs like a dream.
Think my last chance is to do a manual installation right on the HD, using the tar ball provided by Martin Michlmayr. But hey, it's weekend and there's plenty of time for such a quest :) ...

cu...
...Markus...