Re: installing Debian on Cobalt Qube 2

On Tue, September 8, 2009 01:50, Markus Schröder wrote:
> Sam Varghese schrieb:
>> Have a look at the list of possible problems at the bottom of this page
>> (basically a rehash of Martin's very fine guide), they may be of help:
>>
>> http://gnubies.com/linux/cobalt_qube2.html
> Thanks for the additional link!
>
> I tried to install but got stuck after the Qube got the bootloader from
> the NFS/DHCP-Server. Found it out when i changed one of the characters
> from the messages of the bootloader and message was displayed on the
> Qube, and there is no traffic on my network anyway after the bootloader
> is pulled from the Qube.
>
> Is there a way to identify the RAM inside 'cause i believe its only 16MB
> and i don't have a serial connector on either the server or my laptop!?

Hi Markus

If the machine is not booting up due to lack of RAM, then you will
definitely get a kernel panic message.

To find out the hardware specs of your Qube, you'll have a specific set of
commands which you can issue after getting into the BIOS, depending on
whether it is a Qube 1/2 or a Qube 3. You can find these in the manual for
the model in question.

Qube 2 manual - http://docs.sun.com/app/docs/doc/816-1804
Qube 3 manual - http://docs.sun.com/app/docs/doc/816-1807

HTH.