Re: Fw: Help with bug 518037

Siggy Brentrup wrote:

> I granted SSH access to my Indy in the past and am still willing to do
> so; but as you may imagine there are some caveats,

Of course.

> in particular in
> view of your domain name and Organization header, those are signposts.

Many people have vanity domains. That is mine :-).

> > I am a Debian Maintainer and I am also the main upstream author of
> > libsndfile:
>
> I searched the DD database to no avail, using 'de Castro Lopo' and
> 'de Castro' in the name field, fuzzy search turned on. Please give
> me a hint how I can verify you're really a DD.

Notce I said I am a Debian Maintainer not a DD. As a DM I am not on
the main DD GPG key ring, but I am on the debian-maintainers keyring
for version >= 1.60.

I will GPG sign this email and you can check the web of trust.

> >     http://www.mega-nerd.com/libsndfile/

You  will also find that this page is the main homepage for libsndfile
a library that has been in Debian for at least 8 years and that I am
the main author.

I also have a history of fixing obscure libsndfile related bugs. See:

> To finish there are still some technical issues:
>
> 1.  atm the system is in a horrible state somewhat etch-minus-a-half.
>     It didn't run for more than 4y, in an old motd I found 'This
>     system is tracking Debian/sid' whatever was called sid in '04.
>     During a dist-upgrade to etch I lost X and decided to reinstall,
>     hence my offer to test an installer.

A current Sid system would be useful.

> 2.  Which environment do you need for testing? For sure
>
>        apt-get build-dep libsndfile
>
>     Any HW requirements, libs that shouldn't be installed to not
>     interfere with dependencies, more ...?

Since the problem may be with libogg or libvorbis, I may need an SVN
client to do an anon get of the ogg/vorbis sources.

> 3.  All further communication containing access details will be
>     gpg-encrypted.
>
> Hoping you are not too much pissed off by my prudence.

I am not pissed off by your prudence :-).

CHeers,
Erik
Erik de Castro Lopo
http://www.mega-nerd.com/