Re: indigo2 seeq8003 problems

On Sun, May 24, 2009 at 03:36:14PM +0200, Martin Michlmayr wrote:
> * Dimmich Damian <damiandimmich@gmail.com> [2009-05-23 14:43]:
> > After recently upgrading to Lenny the ethernet card on my r4k based indigo2
> > has stopped working.  The symptoms are as if the network cable was not
> > present - tried changing the cable and using different ports on the switch.
> > Nothing seems to get 'out'.  Not sure if I can turn more debugging on.
> > Pinging and arping'ing the machine from outside fail.
>
> Thomas, do you know anything about this issue?

I've checked git log and there is nothing, which might cause that
problems. In fact 2.6.30-rc7 from Linux-mips git gives me a working
ethernet on my IP22 R4k 250MHz. Unfortunatly neither 2.6.26-2 nor
2.6.29-rc7 are working on that machine due to some bad interaction
between CONFIG_EARLY_PRINTK and overwritten prom memory during
early boot (this bug is on my todo list).

Some question to narrow down the issue:

What's the exact type of Indigo2 (cpu speed, impact/non impact) ?
Could we get a boot log ?
How is the ethernet connected ? RJ45 or AUI ?
What does the connected switch think about link state ?
Does the machine still boot via bootp/tftp from PROM ?
Is the upgrade really the only change, which happened on the network ?

Thomas.

--
Crap can work. Given enough thrust pigs will fly, but it's not necessary a
good idea.                                                [ RFC1925, 2.3 ]