Re: yeeloong's loonux and ec_scid module

On Thu, 19 Feb 2009 09:56:50 +0800
崔春波 <cuicb@lemote.com> wrote:

> EC related code is now avaliable on dev.lemote.com, the cgit web page
> is: http://dev.lemote.com/cgit/ec_module.git/
> and the git repo is:
> git://dev.lemote.com/ec_module.git

Great, thanks!  Note that I'm working on a cs553x-gpio driver that will be
arch-independent, hopefully working for both x86 (geode) and mips
(yeeloong).  One of the reasons I wanted the ec_scid code is because it
exclusively grabs the cs5536 PCI ISA bridge, which is troublesome for
splitting up functionality.  Instead, the driver I'm working on just requests
the GPIO BAR.  Once that's done, I'll work on an arch-independent
cs553x-mfgpt driver that will request the PCI ISA's MFGPT BAR.  I'll look
at adapting the ec_scid code to use it once it's tested.  One thing that
I'll need to look at sooner or later is how the MSR stuff should be
handled; presumably we'll need a per-arch wrapper.

I'm hoping all of this (including GPIO/MFGPT support for yeeloong) turns
out to be acceptable for both lemote and the upstream kernel.