Re: 2.6.26 QEMU kernel

One other thing, I used the linux-image-2.6-4kc-malta package. Perhaps that is the wrong one?

Carlo

On Mon, 19 Jan 2009, Carlo Segre wrote:

Hi Martin:

I am not subscribed to the list but I saw the response.

I had tried to use the malta kernel but got an error that the mips bios file could not be read and then a halt. Is there particular magic that can be used to avoid this? I saw in a posting somewhere that this error might be due to the wrong endianness but this should not have happened with the procedure I used:

1. start the emulator
2. upgrade the kernel to 2.6.26 (malta)
3. take the vmlinux file and copy it to the host machine
4. use this kernel in the -kernel option of qemu-system-mipsel

Possibly I have missed something?

Thanks,

Carlo