Re: MIPS kernel snapshots - 2.6.27-rc6

On Sun, Sep 14, 2008 at 11:39:56PM +0200, Giuseppe Sacco wrote:
> If I try to extract data using grip, once I depress the "extract only"
> button, I see the progress bar stalled at 0.00%. Nothing happens.

I can reproduce this with the XM-5701TA drive.

Now the interesting question is, where is the problem. I believe
digital extraction is supported by the drive, so something in the
kernel doesn't work right. It would be interesting to find out
whether this is a O2 only problem. Does anybody have for example
an Indy with a cdrom connected and could try to rip a CD ?

Thomas.

--
Crap can work. Given enough thrust pigs will fly, but it's not necessary a
good idea.                                                [ RFC1925, 2.3 ]