Re: Qube2 question: Largest drive size supported ?

On Tue, 2008-05-20 at 21:25 -0700, Mark wrote:
> Hi there,
>
> I'm just trying out Debian (mipsel) on a Qube2 and all goes verynicely
> indeed :-)  My intention is to have the machine as a home NAS, serving
> out NFS, CIFS and maybe iSCSI ... this of course requires lots of
> disk!
>
> Can anyone tell me what the maximum drive size on the internal IDE of
> a Qube2 running Debian is ? (I'm looking at one of those 750GB
> Seagates)

I run a fanless Qube2 with Etch and a 300GB disk as a NFS fileserver,
mainly to stream my music with Amarok over the local network. It never
had a problem, with an uptime of around 300 days now. The only issue is
the slow network, even with a PCI networkcard, but for music streaming
its fast enough. Otherwise a lovely, quiet and stable little machine.
A 750GB disk should probably work just as well. Let us now how it goes.

Peter