Re: Qube2 question: Largest drive size supported ?

On May 21, 6:00 pm, Martin Michlmayr <t...@cyrius.com> wrote:

> There are several people who use large drives (say 300 or 500 GB) in
> their Cobalt, but from time to time we also get some reports from
> people with large drives whose Cobalt doesn't boot.

Good stuff!  Well if it doesn't work I can always use it elsewhere or
put it on a PCI IDE card.

> > Failing putting a large enough drive onto the internal IDE .. what
> > SATA PCI boards are supported with mipsel ?  And how well do combo
> > boards with SATA + USB on the same PCI board work ? (heard that combo
> > boards in Cobalt-NetBSD are not so hot, how about Debian ?)
>
> We provide several SATA drivers, but whether it works is another
> question.  I'm not sure how many people are using PCI cards in their
> Cobalt, but hopefully someone else will comment.  In any case, you
> have to make sure to get a PCI card that actually fits into your
> Cobalt (i.e. not one of those modern PCI cards that use a different
> PCI standard).  I haven't heard anything negative or positive about
> SATA + USB cards, sorry.
> --

Again I'll give it a go, wil report back here if it's good or bad :-)

Oh yes ... the netboot instructions on your website were excellent ...
but didn;t work :-)  I had to amend things slightly to get mine up and
running.

Thanks!

Mark