Re: O2 crashes on boot

Martin Michlmayr wrote:
* Thomas Bogendoerfer <tsbogend@alpha.franken.de> [2008-03-09 23:50]:
I've read the O² owners manual, but did not found any suggestions about
ordering them by size - is that something you found out? Or did I missed
it?
it shouldn't matter, if the IP32 memory probing code works correctly.

It definitely matters at the moment.  I put in some more RAM into my
O2 last year and it failed to boot.  When I changed the modules so the
bigger modules were first, it worked again.
From what I remember this is a classic thing with SGI architecture. I think there are even recommendations to do this with the larger memory modules first in order. This was also true of the larger Origin 200 and 2000 series of machines.