Re: O2 crashes on boot

Hi,

[sorry for replying to my own post - deleted most of it...]
>Is that a known hardware bug symptom? Should I take out some RAM? Retry on
>serial console? Giving up is not an option ;-)

Something more: I removed a PCI card and rebooted - made no difference.

Also, it's a *bad* idea to set the "console" PROM variable to s1 (d is the
preferred setting for forcing serial console...). But there's a way out:
the jumper which overrules the PROM password sets the "console" variable
to "g". Found it out during reading:

http://techpubs.sgi.com/library/tpl/cgi-bin/getdoc.cgi?cmd=getdoc&coll=0650&db=man&fname=1%20prom

HTH,
Uli
--
Dipl. Inf. Ulrich Teichert|e-mail: Ulrich.Teichert@gmx.de | Listening to:
Stormweg 24               |Der Weisse Raum (Der Dritte Mann), Caligari