godson and other chips

Have any of you folks have experiences -- good or bad -- with the
loongson cpu rev. 2E or 2F (as used in the "lemote"/fuloong and
myloong)? I'm in contact with the manufacturer in China, but I'm not
sure they are willing to ship the small quantities I want (which ideally
is two, but I'm willing to buy a few extra, especially if there are
other US/Canada folks on this list who want one - contact me off-list if
interested).

Alternately, any advice on a relatively fast, well supported MIPS chip
to tinker with would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks,
Brian Szymanski