Re: [HOWTO] SGI tftp boot with ARCLoad

On Thu, Apr 03, 2008 at 08:32:24PM +0200, Julien BLACHE wrote:
> When loading the kernel image, it reports the size of the file
> properly after the open call, when loading the initrd it reports 0 as
> the file size.
>
> I guess I've just been screwed over by an SGI PROM once more. Hrmpf :(

I have been there already ;) Guess what - The SNI RM Prom is even more
broken - it lacks a seek call so reading from a filesystem is not possible.

I disassembled the full PROM and found the seek code to be there but
only lacks the entry point. So i wrote code to search the seek functions
prolog in the binary prom between the open and read entry points.

Flo
--
Florian Lohoff                  flo@rfc822.org             +49-171-2280134
	Those who would give up a little freedom to get a little