freegeek and mips

greetings folks.

i've worked and volunteered at freegeek (http://freegeek.org) in
portland, oregon, usa. the basic jist of freegeek is we take in old,
unwanted computer equipment and attempt to refurbish and get it back
into use, or responsibly recycle it.

we get a few SGI machines in occasionally, as well as other random
stuff. i currently have an SGI O2 (r10k) which seems to have issues with
debian-installer. also have a SGI Octane2. we also get a bunch of SGI
Indigo systems of various models. and i have a cobalt qube2 (without
power supply).

if folks let me know what models would be useful, i can try and set them
aside and install debian on them, if folks could help with that.

also, i'd like to try and get some of this hardware to developers who
could use it.  if anyone's ever visiting near freegeek and would like
some hardware, i'd be glad to try and arrange it.

you could file a hardware grant request at (mention me as a freegeek
contact): http://freegeek.org/grants

also, please CC me directly if anyone replies to this thread, i'm not
currently subscribed to the mailing list.

live well,
  vagrant