Re: Cobalt RaQ2

* Thiemo Seufer <ths@networkno.de> [2007-05-16 15:54]:
> >  - Can you check whether the "bootable" flash is set on the boot
> >    partition (i.e. the first partition).
> Flag, not flash, I presume.

Yep.

> FYI, I upgraded my RaQ2 with a 120 GB disk. The original firmware
> didn't boot it, so I flashed Colo (the version from etch) in.

CoLo in flash is something I don't really want to recommend to most
users and (partly because of this) it's also not supported in d-i.

> I'm not entirely sure if the original firmware is actually incapable
> to boot from 120 GB disks, I noticed too late the "cable select"
> jumper was set as factory default, which prevented Colo to boot from
> it as well.

I sometimes hear rumours that it doesn't work, but there are plenty of
examples that it does work.  The firmware version seems to be the same
in those cases.

--
Martin Michlmayr
http://www.cyrius.com/