Re: Debian 4 on Qube 2700

* Jim Cheetham <jim@gonzul.net> [2007-05-16 14:04]:
> On 09/05/07, Jim Cheetham <jim@gonzul.net> wrote:
> >lspci reports a DECchip 21041 [Tulip pass 3], and I seem to remember
>
> Running 'strings' over the kernel file shows that the Tulip driver is
> present, but only "Digital DS21140 Tulip" "Digital DS21143 Tulip" and
> "Intel DS21145 Tulip" are listed (grepping -i for 'tulip' or
> 'digital')
>
> The string 21041 is found, but that's probably irrelevant ...

I'm pretty sure the right module is compiled in.  There was a bug once
that would cause the driver not to work on a Qube 2700, but again that
got fixed.  If Peter doesn't have time to look at this, I can take a
look at the begininng of August when I have my Qube 2700 again.

In the meantime, you could install the 2.4 based sarge system I have
on my web site.
--
Martin Michlmayr
http://www.cyrius.com/