Re: Install on an Octane

On 2/13/07, Michael Bevilacqua <michael@bevilacqua.us> wrote:
On 2/13/07, Mike Martin <mikemartin@linux.ca> wrote:
> I'm (still) trying to install Debian on an SGI Octane. Unfortunately,
> I can't Netboot. I can however boot using Gentoo's Live X-RC6 disk.

Hey Mike:

If you have a netboot image for your Octane you can follow my notes to see
if they help. I did something similar with my O2, originally.

http://www.bevilacqua.us/?p=280

Michael,

Great! Thanks for your help. I think this is exactly what I need. Now,
I just need to find a Debian IP30 Netboot image. The images I've found
are either IP22 or IP32. Does anyone know where to get an image that
will work on the Octane?

For all those who suggesting I netboot... I understand this is the
best/easiest/fastest way to install on an Octane. But due to company
policy, I am not allowed to netboot. Thanks for your help.
Unfortunately that's not an option for me. However, if you know where
to get the netboot image from... I need that!

Thanks!
MikeMartin