Re: Looking for help for #401665 (mipsel)

Jérôme Marant wrote:
> (please CC me on reply)
>
> Hi,
>
> I'm looking for help because I'm unable to work on #401665.
>
> I don't have the necessary hardware (vaughan does not have a clean
> chroot), nor the knowledge about such an architecture, nor the
> support from Ryan Murray I asked for (he runs the "rem" autobuilder
> but never replies to mails).

Btw, if you want to have your own Debian/mipsel system, you can:
 - Get the latest qemu CVS checkout (the current version in debian is too slow)
 - Build and install it
 - Create a virtual disk image with qemu-img
 - Get the Debian installer for Qemu/mipsel from
   http://people.debian.org/~ths/d-i/mipsel/images/daily/qemu/netboot/
 - Install the virtual disk with something like
   qemu-system-mipsel -nographic -kernel vmlinux-2.6.18-3 -initrd=initrd.gz -hda=disk.img
Performance is roughly a tenth of the host speed.

> I also did not work on the port myself and applied patches
> for this port that used to work, with the previous Debian
> version.

I'll try to have a look RSN.

Thiemo