mips/mipsel kernels for qemu

Hi all,

Daniel Jacobowitz has recently posted a patch [1] on the QEMU mailing
list, which improves mips emulation in QEMU a lot. The emulated system
is now fully usable, but still slow.

The emulated system needs a specific kernel. I have built mips and
mipsel kernels based on the Debian package linux-2.6. The patch only
adds a configuration for mips and mipsel, and a very small patch
included in 2.6.19-rc1 [3] to support mipsel.

debian-installer should work on it, though I haven't tested it (I
installed this system using debootstrap sometimes ago).

Happy testing!

Bye,
Aurelien

[1] http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/qemu-devel/2006-11/msg00057.html