Re: r5k-cobalt 64-bit kernel

Aurelien Jarno wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I am still building mipsel kernels, this time a 64-bit r5k-cobalt
> kernel. It is based on the previous kernel I built (see my previous
> mail), but it is a 64-bit one. It seems to be stable, at least I have
> used it (more precisely a version with very few differences) for a day,
> and I have built a whole kernel with it.
>
> With it it would be possible to use tri-arch gcc/glibc (I have to work
> back on that).
>
> You will find it on:
> http://people.debian.org/~aurel32/mipsel-kernels/r5k-cobalt-64/

Fails on my RaQ2 with:

Freeing unused kernel memory: 172k freed
attempt to access beyond end of device
hda3: rw=0, want=41925610, limit=3727080
Buffer I/O error on device hda3, logical block 20962804
/sbin/initKernel panic - not syncing: Attempted to kill init!
: error while lo ading shared libraries: /lib/libc.so.6: unexpected reloc type 0xf4

The same machine/userland works stable with 2.4.27.

Thiemo